Prophecy has always been a kind of business. It still is here in the early 21st century. In recent years, "the profession has become a large-scale industry practiced in the most unlikely quarters and particularly in magazines and newspapers," according to Richard Leivinsohn in his book SCIENCE, PROPHECY AND PREDICTION.
In many towns and cities across the country, fortune-telling individuals have set up shop to tell one's future by the cards, or crystal ball, palm-reading, or general psychic impressions. While some people will swear that what was told them later came true, many others could be found to admit a very low degree of accuracy for such predictions. So the point is that each psychic, or person supposed to be able to tell the future, should be judged on his or her individual merits and results.
It appears to be difficult to group psychics together, in determining validity and accuracy. They use methods that vary. A psychic's methods in Washington, DC may differ from a fortune-telling person in a Los Angeles suburb. Perhaps the best way to determine who is really sincere and truly gifted would appear to be actual consultation with a variety of psychics, keeping a close and careful record of the results of each one's predictions.
A psychic I met in St. Louis, at a convention years ago, gave an impressive speech about the ability to forecast the future. Then he gave predictions at random about current events of that time. I met him after his presentation and was very impressed, so I asked him a specific question about a writing project of mine that I was talking to a New York publishing company about at the time. Without a second of hesitation, he replied with this answer: "Try a leading Chicago publisher, and you will have success." I thanked him. His name was David Hoy.
The day I returned home I sent my project to a top Chicago company, after talking to them on the phone. Within two weeks I had a first rate contract for my very first book project. I never saw David Hoy again, but I think his prediction for me was right on target. He did not live a long life, and I was sad to learn some years later that he was gone. He was a highly paid, top business psychic for major corporations and was in great demand for his psychic ability. In my book, he had a genuine ability to forecast the future.
David Hoy believed that "everyone is basically psychic but that few take the time or trouble to develop the ability." Over the years, I discovered that I'm about fifty percent psychic myself, but I tried to develop my ability over several decades. When I gave immediate impressions I received about certain people, often complete strangers I met in stores, airports, and at business conferences, I was astounded at how many times I was accurate....for I had never considered myself as gifted in that way. I think David Hoy was right that this ability must be practiced and developed.
Of course there are other times when I have been completely wrong with a prediction. So it seems clear that the ability to see the future works better on some days than others. I met the late Jeanne Dixon once in Washington after she gave a speech. I saw a star in the palm of one of her hands. She was born with the star in her hand, which is said to be the gift of prophecy, and she was rated an amazing 84 percent accurate in her overall predictions. Yet even a gifted psychic has to practice and keep developing the talent.
I've estimated my accuracy rate at from 40 to 50 percent (at some times), and that's enough. It would be too overwhelming to be a 100 percent accurate or even close to that number. So what about you? Have you ever made a prediction about the future? My latest was last night. I predicted today would be sunny with no rain. But then I live in Florida. Ooops.....a little humor there. So why not make your own one or more predictions for the future and see later on if you were right? You may just discover that you have psychic talent too. We all do.
If you found this article useful or interesting, you can find similar information at the following address:
What happens when we all finally leave planet earth at the end of our time spans here?
GO TO: http://www.danextdimension.com/
Whenever you want to lose any "extra pounds" (like me), you will find some latest helps for doing just that at this address:
GO TO: http://www.dashawayfat.com/
L. Perry Wilbur
No comments:
Post a Comment